Sunday, October 7, 2007

Setting up a site...


I've been kicking around the idea of documenting this trip - or rather, the journey just to pull off the trip itself. I saw someone on the Zune team have a blog setup and I figured instead of getting the domain and installing Wordpress and such, I'd just go this route so I could get it done and not procrastinate any further!

Here's a quick background:

I've known her since 1998. I discovered her TWO WEEKS after she was less than three miles from my house, and we've been e-mailing back and forth ever since her 21st birthday that year (December 14th).

I've had good jobs, with not so good pay since then and I enjoy them because I get to help people (the last job was a non-profit who counsels teens who've had major issues), but I can't afford to travel, especially to Japan! So we never met in person until this year at Anime Expo, and that moment was cut short.

That moment really touched me, and so now I have a new goal - I'm going to go to Japan to meet her again in person for her 30th birthday in December. I don't know how I'm going to get there or if I can pull it off, but I think it'll be a hell of a trip, and I'm going to document it all right here.

No comments:

The girl in question

The girl in question
She's the reason I'd be going to Japan - she makes it all worth it...